Will you make that again…soon…how about tomorrow? I knew I had found a winning recipe when I made the Spicy Stuffed Chicken Donielle posted on her blog. Here is the recipe with a couple of ideas and additions to her original recipe.
- 3 chicken breasts – we usually do 6, double the recipe and freeze the extra in glass containers that can be put straight from the fridge into the oven – purchasing chicken breast cutlets help when pounding the chicken
- 4-6 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained or fresh spinach steamed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cajun or spicy mix – I use the Fajita Seasoning from Savory Spice and believe this really makes the flavors and recipe pop with pizzazz
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Pound each chicken breast down to about 1/4 in thick
- Mix cheese, spinach, salt and pepper in bowl
- Place 1/4 cup of the cheese mix on each chicken breast and roll up the breast putting a toothpick in to hold the roll.
- Place in an 8×8 pan (place additional rolls into glass containers for freezer)
- Brush or spray each roll with olive oil and sprinkle the seasoning over the top. If you have any cheese mixture left sprinkle that over the top too.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through (use a meat thermometer and check the temp of the chicken – should be 165 – 175 degrees)
- Remove toothpicks, serve and enjoy!