- 1 sweet potato
- 1-2 red potatoes
- Aidells pre-cooked chicken apple sausage
- 1 container of cherry or grape tomatoes – or those out of your garden
- a small bundle of spinach
- 1 can of pineapple or a fresh pineapple
- fresh addition ideas for those items in season include squash, artichokes, peppers, broccoli, carrots, kale…the options are endless
- Italian seasoning mix (oregano, rosemary, etc), red pepper flakes, spices of your liking
Preheat oven to 350. Cube the sweet potato and red potatoes. Spray olive oil in your casserole dish and place the cut up potatoes in the dish. Cover with Italian spice mix (oregano, rosemary, etc) and red pepper flakes (add based on your desire for spiciness) and then pour a bit more olive oil over the potatoes, stir and cook only the potatoes for 30-45min at 350 (the smaller you cut the potatoes, the less time you need to precook them – if you don’t precook them the potatoes will still be tough when everything else is cooked). While potatoes are cooking cut the chicken apple sausage into thin slices, rinse the tomatoes, cut the pineapple (if necessary), rinse and chop a couple handfuls of fresh spinach and anything else you want to add to the mix.
Potatoes should be starting to get a bit softer at the end of their cooking time. Take the casserole dish out of the oven and add all other ingredients. Stir together and add some more of the same spices listed above and some of the pineapple juice (if using from a can – if fresh pineapple the juice will seep out of the pieces). Return to oven and bake another 30 – 40 minutes or until the little tomatoes start to pop.
Enjoy this “fresh perspective” all year round with a different twist in each season.